Monday, September 21, 2009

little green dress

i finished the dress! after dying it green yesterday i put the pieces through the wash last night and took advantage of nap time today to get it put together. i love how it turned out.



the green isnt quite solid, but it doesnt look tie dyed either, so im okay with that. i went ahead and tried the piping across the front, to add a little more bright white to the green and it wasnt as hard as i expected. i used my zipper foot, and scooted right up beside the piping. it was quick and i really like how it makes the dress look.



i had planned on buttons for the back, but that was before the dress changed colors. i dont have green buttons, or green thread for the button holes. then i remembered the snaps and snap press form my mom! what a perfect opportunity to try it out! i only wasted four pronged rings , and i installed ten altogether (with the practice one too) so for a first try, i think i did okay. hopefully next time i wont bend any.



and here is the back again, i used white thread for the little hem on the bottom, and i think it looks good. i am so glad i finally finished this dress- i hate having something half pieced together and just laying there.

2 comments:

  1. In my Trinny and Susannah book, Trinny once dyed a fatally wrong-colored-for-her top but it was KNIT and it took the bruise-ish kind of home-dyed effect really well. I wonder if it's a polyester thing. I never had any luck dying anything other than my hair. ;)

    But I love this color, and I think it looks just gorgeous.

    And I can sympathize - I have two things left to sew up that are cut out and waiting, and one dress bodice to fix (it needs it so badly).

    And a blog to write, apparently... :)

    ReplyDelete