Tuesday, October 21, 2008

sleep

I took two and a half naps yesterday. The first was around noon, while jason loaded the truck to mow the lawn at the old house, then while sitting on the step in the back I leaned up against the door and let the lawn mower lull me into a semi sleep. I was still so tired that after pulling tags off and unloading gift bags that I curled up with one of Emma's new blankets from her great gramma and her little lamb and napped in the recliner in her room.

I have done something to my shoulder last week that makes it impossible for me to sleep. Or talk on the phone, or cut up anything for dinner... I feel useless. In addition to this, Emma has turned again (which is good, but painful) so that she is head down rather than sideways. It has been about a month since she was head down and she has grown quite a bit since then, so now she is all toes in my ribcage. When I am standing, or sitting up straight she settles down lower. When I try to sleep she stretches out and keeps me awake.

So my point is that I am tired, and slightly cranky, and would do unimaginable things if it enabled me to take loads of Aleve and Benedryl. I am 34 weeks, 3 days pregnant, and have 19 days to full term. Emma should start packing, because I dont know if I can handle her for much more than those 19 days and retain my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your shoulder is bothering you! Hang in there, it'll get better!
    And you get all the sleep you can while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.
    i love the mental picture of Emma needing to start packing!
    :)
    can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete