Monday, December 15, 2008

a few minutes

Emma has been fussy, I think her stomache is upset. Mine is, and I dont know what I ate that caused it, but its been almost three days so I'm sure it is getting to her too. Right now, I finally got her to sleep for more than ten minutes and quickly got some dye in my hair (to deal with the very obvious inch and a half of growth in the last six weeks). Now I just need her to stay asleep for another hour so I can let it set, and shower. :)

I have been in a dilema for the last several days, and have joked about it with Sarah, but I think I will ask seriously, for how long is it acceptable to wear maternity clothes (pants) after one is no longer pregnant? I got out all my pants, regular slacks and jeans that I have fit in throughout the last few years, and several larger sizes that I bought for job interviews early in this pregnancy and none of them fit. I know that not all women deal with this, but that many do; my hips are so different now than a year ago, I'm not sure how long it will be, if ever i can fit into some of my clothes. (And by different, I mean much much wider. Really.) If things go well today, I may go buy one pair of pants if I can find a pair that fits okay. We leave for California Friday morning, and though it is fine at home to stay in my maternity pants or pajamas all the time, I dont think I will get away with it as easily for ten days in California. In happier news, last time I stepped on the scale, I had lost twenty five pounds of baby already. There is just a bit much left to go. :)

So wish me luck about pants shopping, I have never had much luck with it, and though I KNOW I need to, it's depressing.

2 comments:

  1. semi-crazy blonde girlDecember 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM

    I just got out of my maternity pants and Cole is 4 1/2 months old. I wore them for a couple months longer with Jenna because I gained (a lot) more weight with her and it took me longer to lose it. I thought I would never get back to the size I had been before because I was positive my hips had been irreversibly widened, however, about the time I got pregnant again (Jenna was almost a year old) I was back in the old pants. I joke with Josh now about my pregnancy stages pants... heehee. I think I own at least one pair for each 5ish pounds. :) Good luck with the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely still in maternity clothes!!! (fewer shirts, depending on what pants I'm wearing and how well they hold in my tummy). I'm in the I'm-not-sure-my-hips-will-ever-fit-in-regular-pants-again stage. I've tried on several pairs of pants up to 2 sizes larger than what I used to wear at stores, and then gave up. I ended up buying another pair of maternity pants AFTER I gave birth! haha! And I feel like hippo hips were grafted to my body, but they ARE sloooowly going away...I think...
    Anyway, don't worry about it. I'm definately in the same boat...or pants, as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete