Saturday, December 13, 2008

lactation consultants check up

Yesterday at 230 we went to see the ladies at St Lukes again. I just wanted to check on Emma's weight, since she needs to be back up to 8lb 11oz by the 18th, and she was still hanging out at eight pounds for three days in a row. She was so good running errands and only got upset in the car for a minute because of her diaper. When I got to our appointment, she was alert and happy, all on her own. We put her on the scale and she looked up at me and just grinned. Wendy (I think that was her name) got so excited because it was clearly not a gas smile, but one just because she saw me. She was 8lb 6oz on the scale before eating, and gained two more ounces eating, in just twenty minutes instead of taking an our to eat. Wendy said she is doing perfectly, that it appears her PT has worked great, and she finally is taking in enough to gain some weight. I am supposed to keep taking the Fenugreek for a few more weeks, then taper off of it, and my milk supply should be able to sustain itself with just Emma's nursing.

Yesterday was such a good day. I think Emma was fussy for a total of an hour durring the whole day and it was preventable, or fixable every time. Today is going just as well, and when Jason gets back from having new tires put on my car, we are going to give her her very first real bath. I have been using just a wash cloth because she hated her bath in the hospital so much, but hopefully this one will go a little better.

Thank you so much for all the prayers, I am feeling ebtter each day, but ready for my stitches to stop being sore, and to stop feeling so weak. Emma is making progress every day and Jason is finally starting to feel like she doesnt hate him. He is so impatient, and wants her to be cooing and cuddly right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment