Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2 month check up

I took Emma to her two month check up today, with Jesse. (Never leave the house with two similar aged babies that aren't both yours. Everyone will ask if they are twins.) She was really good while we were there, actually, she has been really good all day today.

Here are her numbers: her head is 15.25 inches, 47.75%tile, length is 23.5 inches, 87.91%tile, and her weight is 11lb 13oz, 78.3%tile. She also got all her shots and really did well. I gave her some Tylenol before we left home, and though she cried when they stabbed her legs, she went to sleep on the way home and has been out for an hour now.

The more disappointing news is that I am sick. And because Em is with me constantly, she is also sick. Right now it is just a stuffy/runny nose, but she has a little fluid in her left ear that could turn into an ear infection, so I have to watch that. I bought some saline on the way home that should help clear out her little nose.

She is still sleeping well, but waking around three to eat this week (I think because she is sick.) She is starting to be a happier baby, and smiles and coos fairly often. She can find her hand to suck on now, but still wont drink from a bottle. (She did the best last night and didn't cry as soon as it touched her lips, and even sucked a few times, but she still doesn't like it.)

I guess overall things are going really well, I just wish Jason could spend a little more time with her, and that we weren't both sick. (I am miserable sick, I hope she doesn't feel as bad as I do.)

3 comments:

  1. Being sick totally sucks. You need cheater chicken soup methinks. The fabulous kind with green salsa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So people are morons if they think baby Jesse and Emma are twins. He still looks like he could eat her for breakfast 2 months later.... But they are both cute and (I think) look a lot alike. So maybe I should cut um some slack?
    Baby Jesse has his 4 month appointment today but I am telling the dr no shots today (I will bring him back next week) because he seems to be getting sicker and I dont wanna make him more miserable than he already is. I will post on how everything else goes tonight.

    ReplyDelete