Friday, January 9, 2009

small steps

Emma slept through the night. It was Tuesday the 6th, the evening had been a little rougher than usual (she has learned to cry to keep herself awake at night and we just have to get through it every night) but she slept until 6am! It was wonderful. Her average is about five hours at night, waking between 3 and 5am.

Days are starting to get on a schedule, naps and nursing and housework and playtime are all fitting in on most days. She will be six weeks old on Sunday, and my six week check up is Tuesday. I am so ready to start working out. I have been making trips up and down the stairs carrying boxes, and walking little laps around my house tidying up. I long to go for a nice achy breathtaking run. I don't think I would get very far, but it would feel so nice.

So things are going well. We are all adjusting to being back home and without company and Jason's back to working a regular schedule. All this just in time for Katie to come visit on the 22nd for the weekend and Andie is coming over Valentines day weekend, them Mom will be back for spring break for a week in March. One month later Jason and I leave for Australia!

Last, I leave you with a picture. Most of you have seen this and I don't care I think it's cute. :)


1 comment:

  1. It IS cute. I keep showing the pictures of Emma and Jesse to the ladies at work, the ones on the other side of my cubicle who never DO anything. When Rach saw this one, she went "Oooooooh can I keep her?" Which is always my reaction. :D

    ReplyDelete