Tuesday, June 2, 2009

bad mom award

Emma was playing on the floor, entertaining herself while I work on a baby blanket. I am watching The Bachlorette and occasionally glance down so that I'm not totally ignoring my child. Apparently, it had been too long, because as I looked down this time I saw Emma rolling back and forth on her back COVERED IN POO. Her back. Her dress. Her blanket. The pack and play mat (I had just layed it down so she had something firmer to get some practice rolling on, not that she cares to roll or anything...) There is poo everywhere.

Sigh.

I will look down more often, even if she is making happy sounds.

5 comments:

  1. Hi friend, peace...
    Your post very interesting. If you willing read and comment to my new post please, at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
    And... if you love books, read the Islamic books please, example: The Holy Qur'an.

    ReplyDelete
  2. semi-crazy blonde girlJune 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM

    Oh my. Icky! Definitely not worthy of a bad mom award though... but definitely worthy of the kind of award moms should get for the kinds of things that they do every day that nobody else would want to do. :) You are totally a good mom that even takes her daughter out jogging and such... I think you deserve a little Bachlorette. Oh! And also, there are studies about babies spending time playing on their own. So, yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about on their own covered in poo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, babies poo, no worries. I don't have any awards lying around for bad moms, only moms whose babies have a ridiculous amount of poo in their tiny bodies and who are awesome regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! That's okay, I looked up yesterday to find my daughter chewing on the cord that plugs the ipod into the stereo. BAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete