Monday, July 27, 2009

bolero and dress for me

i did finish the bolero from last week, and have a couple photos that arent great but will show you the general idea.




it is really comfortable, a good fit, and with a different color button i could wear it over several dresses or tops that have a lot of skin. im in my favorite pink victoria secret tube top here.

i havent found just the right fabric for the tie front top, so i moved on to a pattern my mom brought over from home. new look 6040 is out of print now, but i made view c in high school, and really liked it. (i wore the dress for a date with jason on my 20th birthday. a photo we took that day ended up on our wedding invites. :) anyway, the dress is a little snug now (im not sixteen anymore, or twenty) so i decided to make it again.




the bodice is a good fit, and the small change i made to the skirt (more a-line, less fitted) makes it fit much better. i need to finish the armholes, hem and zipper, then find the camera charger and have jason take a better photo. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, it's weird to see fabric from my drawer (some of that stuff I'd had since 2006) MADE into something, and on you! But it looks so amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete