Tuesday, July 21, 2009

pink dress

here it is, in satisfactory photos, the pink dress to match emma.

there are a couple full view photos of the front of the dress, it really is so comfortable. it was hard to get a good photo, so i hope it looks good in real life, because im definitely going to be wearing it.





the only alteration i made to the bodice was to take smaller seams on the shoulder, to lengthen it just a little. i think next time i will add just a tiny bit more, and add darts to the sides (in another picture). here is the bodice and midriff.





from the back, it is a whole lot of pink.





i still need to work on installing zippers, but here it is, and look at that pocket! i love that this pattern has pockets. have i said that already?



here is the gaping armhole, that will be fixed soon.



and the armhole pinned.



so there it is, the new pink dress!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I really, really love that. Isn't it funny how those patterns ALWAYS gape at the arms? (And mine are always too long.)

    But seriously, that is so cute. Does it suit satins? I think I might make a slinky type dress like this!

    PS You are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable!!! And so flattering!

    BTW, I have a whole big box of patterns that my Grandpa's wife sent me that I won't be able to use. They are almost all baby/toddler patterns and a few older kid patterns. I was thinking it would be a great excuse to have a baby play date (with Sarah and Jesse too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. semi-crazy blonde girlJuly 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM

    This is adorable! I love the pattern of the dress and the fabric. So cute.

    ReplyDelete