Monday, July 20, 2009

standing and sleeping

Emma pulled herself up to standing last night, while sitting in the red cooler in our garage. Jason had taken her outside with him, and then called for me to come out. When I walked through the door, I saw Emma playing happily in the cooler. (Think, red camping ice chest cooler.) I walked over to her, and she started to pull on the outside of the cooler. I stood in front of it, so if she managed to get to her feet, she wouldn't be able to lean and tip herself over into her face, and it was a good think I did, because up she went. It has been several weeks of waiting while she pulled up to her feet so she was squatting in the crib and on the changing table, but this was her first standing.

So, Jason and I brought her inside and dropped her crib mattress down to just above its lowest setting. (Emma is short. Even if she were to stand, her head wouldn't be over the edge of the rail.)

Emma is getting over her cold too. Her appetite is back, and she can breathe through her nose a whole lot better. She is still waking in the middle of the night though. It has been around midnight the last couple nights, and at 430 on Sunday morning, but last night it was at 1130, then again closer to three this morning. That is just killing me. I have such a hard time getting back to sleep because I am still getting over Emma's cold, so I crave a nap.

I have a mountain of laundry staring me down from the middle of the living room floor, so no nap this afternoon. I hope to get it folded and put away and the floor swept and mopped before Emma wakes up. I also plan to eat before she wakes, but I'm not sure all those things will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment