Friday, July 17, 2009

tie neck top

i want to make this. it is so expensive. and so pretty.



i also really like this one. not so much the bottom detail, but the way the tie gathers the top is nice.

but i really like the tie at the neck. i think its a really interesting, and simple detail. the first time i noticed it was at a wedding reception for friends of jason and i. the bride wore a sheer patterned shirt over a camisole and it was almost exactly this cut, so pretty.

so, i am looking for a pattern. not specifically for this shirt, as i have a bit more curve than she does. but for a simple top that i could add a tie collar onto. though, if i do stumble onto this in a pattern somewhere, it wouldnt hurt my feelings. any ideas for a good one? has anyone seen a (non vintage) pattern?

*i say non vintage, because all the patterns i have seen are big collared, high necked, darted, short waisted wonders, and i dont have to time or patience to make it fit me.

3 comments:

  1. Butterick has one for a pullover shirt. I have a copy, have never succeeded in finishing one of the shirts, but I'll look it up for you (when I don't have to work) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of the pull over, rather than buttons. i found the one we bought for you when we went to spotlight, and bought it. it is buttons though. but, its on my list of things to sew, after i get some cleaning done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it! Butterick B4802. out of print, but if you search the site you can see it, and if you want I can copy it across and send it to you?

    ReplyDelete