Thursday, July 30, 2009

oh and by the way

Emma has a tooth! Oh, and shes had it for about a week already, I just forgot to blog about it. On the 25th I was working out on the elliptical and stopped to take a drink of ice water. I let Emma suck on the bottom of my cup because it was so cold and I heard a scratch on the glass. I am pretty sure that is when she broke it through. There are three more on their way (she has the bottom right, and the other bottom and two tops are working on it) so shes been pretty cranky at nap time and eating times.

Also, Jasons company is selling (for reals this time) on August 14th. That means our insurance changes that day too, so I have packed in all my dental and vision appointments in the weeks before then. I had a cleaning last Thursday, then an eye exam this morning and a consult about my wisdom teeth this afternoon. On Monday I go back to the oral surgeon to have my teeth removed and then on the 13th I have a filling to get. We have such great insurance, I had forgotten how good it was until I realized that soon it was going away! I ordered new glasses (for the first time in nine years) and they are super cute. This picture doesnt really do them justice, but here is a peek.



And I have new contacts coming in. I love going to the eye doctor, because it isnt my fault when I need a new prescription. Its not like the dentist where they always tell you something you can do better.

Monday is my big day though, with the surgery for my teeth. I am a little nervous, but I hope I will see the same assistant because she was super super nice and really made me feel like I know what to expect. I have never had general anesthesia before. The extent of my pain killer experience was whatever Dr Anstine prescribed for me for my stitches after Emma was born. I have a prescription to get filled tomorrow though so I have it on Monday. Jasons grandparents watched Emma for me today (mostly his Gram though, because his Gramps had a doctor appointment of his own) and they are watching Emma on Monday too. His Gramps will babysit me at the office and then I will hang out with them for several hours until I am capable of parenting again. I am a little nervous about this but not as much as I expected to be.

So, that is what is going on in this little world. Jason is still training for his first triathlon, it is August 8 in Emmet. He is running and biking tonight, and will be home in about an hour. Emma is asleep (shes been playing and crying in her crib for several hours at night, so I am very grateful she has decided just to go to sleep tonight.) We are all doing well. :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to have my teeth out too. :( But I'm too terrified. Now I think I have a cavity on one of them, so the doom is impending. LMK how it goes (aka, lie to me and tell me it was no big deal and didn't hurt at all) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dr ballinger's (i think thats his name) assistant person who took me back and gave me lots of information and what not, named becky was SUPER nice, and make me feel like it was totally no big deal. but, was very clear that i will not remember anything, and that i need lots of soft food for several days.
    ive never had general anesthesia so thats what freaks me out a little.

    ReplyDelete