Tuesday, July 7, 2009

purple dinosaurs

the first thing i sewed was a purple skirt, with little dinosaurs on it. it was a simple elastic waist a line and my moms good friend was teaching me to read a pattern. it was miserable and i hated every moment. i also hated the skirt by the time i finished it because i was tired of looking at all that purple and all those dinosaurs.

the skirt is gone, but my love for creating isnt. i was an artist as a child, and continued to draw and paint and photograph into adulthood. in college, my best friend/roommate/cousin had a sewing machine in our apartment and we made so many skirts for ourselves. (i guess those purple dinosaurs stuck.) my love of sewing was back.

now im married, staying home with my seven month old baby girl and doing what makes me feel wonderful: creating. along the same line, i have kept a journal of some form since i was in the third grade. i like to record transitions. this is my transition from shyness, to sharing what i make and learn through trial an error. maybe i will be able to help someone else out like so many have done for me through the aid of aunty google.

now im off to create something.

No comments:

Post a Comment