Saturday, November 22, 2008

tired

I saw Dr Carlson yesterday. I didn't even have to ask him to do anything. When I told him about the last two weeks (since I had seen him last) and my trip to the hospital last Saturday, he immediately told me what he was willing to do. He stripped my membranes, and did a really good job of it. Marley, his nurse, came in during the exam and held my hand. She knew what he was going to do and because I am still dilated to a four, the he had more room (than a one or a two) to do a thorough job.

I left very sore, and got a berry berry smoothie from emerald smoothie with Sarah. We took a walk to Jason's dad's house that is near theirs so that I could take some pictures to list the house on craigslist. We all went to Chapala's for dinner, then to Jennifer's house for some games. Jason and I were exhausted, and left at nine to come home.

I have had much stronger contractions since my appointment and throughout the night, along with some bleeding from Carlson. They say that is a good sign, that he did a good job. I didn't sleep last night, I was up about every hour to go to the bathroom until five, then slept through till nine thirty. I have had just a few more contractions this morning, but nothing regular.

Carlson is on call this weekend, and said that if my contractions get regular, and strong enough that I feel like I need to breath through them, to come in and as long as I am dilated to a four or five they will keep me.

So now we wait and see how things go. I am tired of waiting and my stress level is rising. I am so easily upset I have been avoiding my friends good intentions because I just don't know what to say.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully, this gets the ball rolling! You sure have a stubborn little Emma!Make sure I'm on the "to call" list. I want to know the minute something starts to happen! I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. semi-crazy blonde girlNovember 22, 2008 at 11:00 PM

    I hope this all works! I've been praying for you. I know you must be getting tired. It will come soon, and I promise it will make all of the waiting worth it. And I ditto Krista. I want to know when things happen! :)

    ReplyDelete