Tuesday, November 25, 2008

you dont really want to know. really. its depressing.

Dr Anstine was great. Sympathetic, but not willing to induce me before 40 weeks without medical reasons. Lucky me, I came in with high blood pressure today, and they sent me over to labor and delivery to be monitored for a while, and hopefully to be admitted. Before that, she checked me and stripped my membranes again. It was incredibly painful this time, I couldn't help but cry. I haven't spotted from it or anything, so I'm not sure how much good it did, but I have had some good contractions since then. At Labor and Delivery they told me I was dilated to 4 and 70% effaced. (I had forgot to ask Dr Anstine with all the drama.) Anstine doesn't think I will make it much longer, but I've heard that before. Several times.

--
I apologize that this is so scattered, I am crampy and uncomfortable, and generally unhappy... making it difficult to focus.
--

The deal we struck was that: if I continue to have blood pressure issues, to come in, if my water breaks, to come in, if my contractions (do as they are supposed to and) become regular, to come in. If none of these things happen, I will show up on Tuesday, December 2nd at 7am to be induced.

I am (of course) frustrated, and would be content to crawl into a warm tub with hot coco and a pillow (I know this isn't possible really, but it sounds wonderful) and stay there till Emma comes, or till Tuesday morning. This weekend is supposed to be wonderful, family is coming and I really am looking forward to seeing all of them, I just don't know if I can take it in my present state. I don't want to even be around myself right now, let alone caring family members who don't know when to stop asking me questions and offering me sympathy about how miserable I must feel. I am going to need a lot of prayer this weekend. Starting now.

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, and you go ahead and take that bath. You'll turn into a prune and want to get out eventually, but stay in there as long as the water temp lets you and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves. I know, it is all terrible. If you want I can call you and complain about how much my back hurts having to carry my OWN computer into work everyday oh my GOSH.

    Also I am madly in love with your daughter. There are pink clothes waiting to be mailed. I got my first paycheck. Guess what I am doing Saturday. Yes. Posting baby stuff, to you and Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete